Thursday, April 1, 2010

Does my Mother-in-Law know she's eating dung?

Okay, she's probably not actually eating dung. I assume, although I haven't looked into it, that cooking with human feces would violate some health department sanitation rules.

When she last visited me, she went on a city-side search for Ezekiel Bread. The full name is Ezekiel 4:9 Bread,   and it's made by Food For Life. She couldn't find it then, but I saw it in the store the other day so it much be catching on.

I can't bring myself to buy any though. You see, if you read past 4:9, the recipe continues. The key to the bread is in 4:12-13, which reads:
"And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight. And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them."
 I think I'll stick with Wonder.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. Wonder Bread sound like a good choice between the two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder Bread's going out of business. Maybe Ezekiel Bread will be all that's left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it gets to that point, I'll bake my own. That way, I can control the dung content.

    ReplyDelete

Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing. ~R. May