Monday, November 8, 2010

There once was a lady who lived in a boot, after Jacobs and Kors took all her loot...

I love fall. The browns and golds and burnt siennas. Those reds and blacks--oh..all of the season's colors--they enliven me. I find myself inhaling deeply to catch the sweet leathery smell that permeates the air this time of year and wakes up my soul. Oh sure, the changing leaves are pretty too, but I'm talking about boots. I admit it: I love my boots and look forward to pulling them from the back of the closet each fall. Like the unique love felt by that mother (the one who lived in a shoe) for each child, I love every pair of boots I own for some unique quality.  Some might claim I have an unnatural obsession with them. 


This Autumn that  love has been fickle, and I can't seem  to stop myself from ogling others. It may be true that we are drawn to that which we can't have, because although I want Michael and Marc, I know they're both out of my league right now. I'm pretty sure no matter how cool my kids are, they'd be disappointed if we skipped Christmas for mom's boots.

I weighed my options. Shorting my mortgage this month won't work --  I've heard rumors that Bank of America won't forgive late payments for footwear emergencies.  So I have to either live without the boots or live in them. Although I know my feet look big, they're not as wide as you'd think. 

So I'll save. I figure I'll be able to afford them about the time I move into a nursing home. I hope I'll stumble on them in an ebay auction in 2060. In my fantasy, a woman buys them in 2010 just before she's forced to move in to a (less) magical shoe. In the upheaval of a move, the shoes are accidentally placed in the attic with unpacked storage boxes, and the woman forgets about them for the next 50 years before selling them on ebay.  hmm... Maybe Zappos will have added a 'vintage' section by then.  In the mean time, I'll keep stalking these photos. The shoes will wait. I'll be back for them someday.


Michael Kors - Originally $1150. Now on sale for $920.  Another zero would have to be removed from those digits for me to be any closer to affording them.


Marc Jacobs has been visiting my dreams lately too...


If you found this page because you were looking to actually buy boots, I can't help. But Amazon (or zappos) can:

Giuseppe Zanotti Women's I08101 Boot,Lounge Nero,40 M EU / 10 B(M) US
Okay, okay. Those are less affordable. sigh

More affordable: 

7 comments:

  1. Awww man...did you have to get me lusting too??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those brown boots are really close to becoming my desktop background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure the last two comments aren't spam, but I can't figure out what they'd gain from it without a link to something. Very weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Find and pick some good things from you and it helps me to solve a problem, thanks.

    - Henry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

    ReplyDelete

Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing. ~R. May