Saturday, March 20, 2010

Logan's Run

I loved Logan's Run as a child. It came out when I was seven and I've been trying to find a copy of it for years. Thank you Netflix!!

It's funny how things change over time. I can't remember it looking so fake to me back then and apparently I wasn't the only on. It was nominated for two Oscars, won a Saturn and Nebula award, and it received an Academy award for Special Achievement for its visual effects. And since I'm spewing trivia, I should mention that it was a ground breaking movie for its sound too! It was the first movie made using Dolby Stereo.

I'm not sure why my parents let me watch it, except that parent's were not quite as protective in the '70s as they are today. The carousel scene was horrifying:

1 comment:

Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing. ~R. May