Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Text from early labor. Bonus photo included!

This text  came from my daughter-in-law about 4.5 hours after her water broke. She was at the hospital in early labor with her first child.

This is bbbboring.

 I responded:
No worries - I bet it will be more interesting three hours from now!

-----------
I was right. An hour later, after an emergency c-section, she and my son became parents and I met my first grandchild. Mother and baby are doing fine.

Congratulations Jonathan and Sierra! You will be phenomenal parents. In parenthood and life in general, I hope you both remember to let the small stuff go; pick each battle carefully and choose your words as though they'll be the last the other person will hear; and most importantly,  to really live each moment, because they are the memories you'll treasure each tomorrow.

Welcome to the world Baby Alex! I'm crazy about you already!

Alexander
7lbs 10 oz
20 1/2" long
 8:38 PM



No comments:

Post a Comment

Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing. ~R. May