Saturday, April 23, 2011

The handy homeowner isn't.

Dear Basement,

This isn't my basement, but it's
a fair representation.
I really hate you. I'm tired of fixing your guts: from the furnace and the pipes, to the cable wiring and gas lines.

If it weren't for you, I may have been able to fool myself into thinking maybe I could actually do it all. Well, "it all" in the "I am woman, hear me roar" sense;  not the literal all-inclusive "all" sense, if you know what I mean.

You win. Are you happy?! I'm admitting I can't.
Please leave me alone now.

Signed,
One tired, wet, annoyed and not-so-handy Homeowner

P.S. Oh yeah! And your walls were not meant to be permeable.  Is that really so hard to understand?

1 comment:

  1. beautiful humor, it is quite a task to own a home, welll delivered message.

    youm rock!
    Bless your Day,
    Keep inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing. ~R. May