Thursday, January 13, 2011

Error 400 (a poem)

(This page is safe to view at work)

Bushtit - ©2007 Walter Siegmund. 
Available under the Creative Commons ShareAlike License


Error 400**
    ~Mari Nichols Haining
I admit we are sharing a moment unplanned
if you followed a link, I quite understand--
you were searching for boobies or a fuscous bush tit, 
not photos of birds or a writer's weak wit.

But sit for a moment. You've been Googling hard
though some of your search terms are...shall I say scarred?
     (I'm aware you've been wondering if Morgan Freeman is dead.
     But men with dark thoughts about "blonde thoroughbreds"?!
     He's not, as I write this, just slightly banged-up.
     And there's a chance someones looking for ponies or pups.)
The internet is huge, with its chatter and chitter,
and Spaces and Faces and blogs all-a-Twitter.

yet if you stop for a byte, the stories unfurl
among hyperactive places in this deficit world.
Still, if Google misled you and you're determined to go
here's a tip: change your settings, set your filter to low.

**Error 400: An HTTP client error. 400 Bad Request - The request cannot be fulfilled due to bad syntax.

9 comments:

  1. Hilarious. By far, my most searched post is "Happy Canada Day." It gets more hits than the rest of the blog combined. Why? Who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My top searches are are my name (glad this one is first, actually), followed closely by various combinations of "morgan freeman" and "monster turds."

    Of course, now it'll be 'boobies.'

    Funny, the people who search for my name stay, on average, for less than a minute and view only the home page. What's up with that. They just wanted to know if I exist?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @fireblossom Did you remove the comment forms from your pages or just move the comment links (and I'm too dense to find them)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just changed what it says. "Comments" is so plain, so for a long time I had "blooms" to go with the garden theme. But a short while ago I changed it to "2 (or 5 or however many) spoke through the ouija". Click on that and the comment form will pop up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird. I checked and it still wasn't there. I logged out and then back on, refreshed, and like voodoo, there it was!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Love the humor... and how often we stumble to well rich with the waters of life, still searching the chasms of internet aide.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you could e-mail me with a few suggestions on just how you made your blog look this excellent, I would be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bushtit - huh...I learned something new today :)

    Great post, very amusing in its honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, bushtit is some pretty cool nomenclature, eh? :)

    ...off to explore your blogs in another tab.

    ReplyDelete

Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing. ~R. May